[Techtalk] Made RAID Mistake?

Helen Rosseau hrosseau at vistar.ca
Fri Jan 10 08:46:40 EST 2003

I didn't build my Raids with Mandrake but with different distro's of Suse.  I
agree with most of what you have said in reference to letting the OS take
care of the Raid portion.  I did try to use the hardware version and it
wasn't recognized later by the kernel as a Raid drive.  mdo is what the Raid
drive is designated as.

 # more mdstat
Personalities : [raid1]
read_ahead 1024 sectors
md0 : active raid1 hdg1[1] hde1[0]
      39088576 blocks [2/2] [UU]

The Raid how to is very informative, when I used it for the first Raid that I
built.  With the later kernels and distributions, they have built in, build
capabilities for Raid.

I hope this helps some.

Helen