Fwd: Re: [Techtalk] Which distro?

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 10 01:36:44 EST 2003

Subject: Fwd: Re: [Techtalk] Which distro?
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:35:40 -0500
From: Andrew <showork at adelphia.net>
To: Techtalk <techtalk at linuxchix.org>

Subject: Re: [Techtalk] Which distro?
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 22:36:56 -0500
From: Andrew <showork at adelphia.net>
To: Andrea Landaker <qirien at icecavern.net>

Hi ALL,

	I too wanted to ask the distro question. I find Mandrake really good but for
some odd reason in 8.0 and 8.2  the update, ether GUI or URPMI have not
worked for me. Very frustrating. I have tried in four different machines and
6-12 installs of 8.0 (CD bought from them) and 8.2 (CD bought from E-Bay
$5.US).

	So I went looking around. I found DistributionWatch and a lot of choices.
The one that sticks in my mind was from India and was recommended highly by
one reviewer who rated a number of distributions in a recent  article this
week.
	Almost always Mandrake is at the top of the recommended list. In most areas
there are few significant complaints.  That really bugs me, I read again and
again how good mandrake is and one of it's best features doesn't work for me.
One of lifes jokes I guess.

	I am reading a Slackware rewiew right now.
http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/1526/1/

	Good luck and let us know of your decision,

	Andrew