[Techtalk] Which distro?

Lea de Groot lea.linuxchix.org at viking.org.au
Fri Jan 10 11:46:37 EST 2003

On Friday, January 10, 2003, WolfRyder scribed:
> My dilemma is 2 fold...I don't know how to update linux software, only
> install. Any suggestions? Yes, I'll _rtfm_ (hehehe),  but if anyone has any
> tips with this particular OS, I would be grateful!

I upgraded Suse from 8.0 to 8.1 and its dead easy - the install disks
(get the DVD - much easier than all that dammed disk swapping!!) give
you the option of upgrade, ask a couple of questions and then spends a
couple of hours (no, really :( ) performing the upgrade.
I havent found any problems from the upgrade yet - it went much better
than the upgrade from 7.3 (I think) to 8.0, which I gave up on and
reinstalled from scratch

HIH
Lea
--