[Techtalk] Re: LIDS and CAPSET woes

Mandi mandi at linuxchick.org
Wed Jan 8 10:44:03 EST 2003

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Kai MacTane wrote:

> At 1/7/03 07:57 PM , Mandi wrote:
>
> >You'd think I was asking to schedule world war 3 when i ask to
> >reboot a server for a kernel upgrade....
>
> They can't handle five minutes of scheduled downtime? Damn, and I thought
> some of *my* users were cranky and demanding!
>
>                                                  --Kai MacTane

:D  mine are scientific programmers.  they like to start jobs and let them
run for days.  Getting them to reboot their workstations even happens when
their jobs are finished running on other machines.  "When you get a
chance, reboot your workstation..." and then i finally see the uptime go
down on my daily report two weeks later.  I haven't even asked to reboot
the devel server.  but we're moving the server room, so perfect time to
get a new kernel on that beast! (insert evil laugh here...)

--mandi