[Techtalk] real Quiet floppy drive

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 7 01:15:45 EST 2003

	Meryll Your "How to" has helped me quite a bit. I posted further question to
the list and have a few for you. This is what I have now when Cmd# "locate
coyote" (Coyote (the coyote Linux distribution) is the file I am triing to
load onto the floppy)

Cmd# "locate coyote" ....
/home/drew/fd0/coyote/pkgsrc/root/bin (Naturally there are a lot more
listings.)

/root/Desktop/Coyote/coyote/bin  (Naturally there are a lot more listings.)

	Here is the text of #umount
[root at Linux1 etc]# umount /mnt/floppy
umount: /mnt/floppy: not mounted
		It was in the drive,,, really, honest it was,unlocked too(-:(-:(-:(-:(-:
		I could just screammmm
	I don't yet believe anything is actually on the floppy. I can't hear it
spin. And do not have another functioning machine to check it.  Any
suggestions?

	Thank You,
	Andrew

On Monday 06 January 2003 12:58 pm, you wrote:
> 1/6/03
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Did you get your floppy drive to work?
>
> Did you use my step-by-step at:
> http://www.alwanza.com/howto/linux/floppy.html
> & if so did it help?
> & if not, what is/was the problem (or where did the instructions break
> down for you)?

		You Tell Me I think the instructions worked but the floppy didn't ...