[Techtalk] dealing with debian (mozilla)

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Sun Jan 5 19:46:30 EST 2003

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 11:06:13AM +1100, Mary wrote:
> First of all, I assume you're using Debian unstable, because Debian
> testing and Debian stable are deliberately a fair bit behind the cutting
> edge (they're interested in stability, not newness).

Ach! I thought I was too but then I went and checked my sources list and I
was running stable. Feh. Just changed it around so that I'm now running
unstable (and commented out the stable bits so that I wasn't running
both). I did apt-get update and then upgrade so that I wasn't running a
mix of things and then I was able to successfully install a newish version
of mozilla (and find phoenix, which I'd been looking for instead of moz).

Does anyone know of a browser that stores its history file in a plain text
file instead of a mork db? Phoenix, Netscape, Mozilla (etc?) all use
history.dat which is in the same mork db format as the address book. I'd
like to have an HTML file the same way I can export my bookmarks into
HTML.

Thanks for the reminder re. stable/unstable!

emma :)

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]