[Techtalk] dealing with debian

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Sat Jan 4 19:44:28 EST 2003

Hey all:

I'm looking for some other folks that rely on package managers for their
software installations. For somethings like Apache, Procmail, fetchmail,
mutt, vim, etc package managers are lurvly! But i'm finding it frustrating
for other things like: Open Office (getting the package manager to work)
and Mozilla (getting the latest version).

What do others do for the few pieces of software that can't be done with
package managers? Do you just install from source and forget about the
package managers? If I have a package manager that doesn't work, should I
tell someone or assume that I've missed something? I've tried really hard
a couple of times but for some reason swearing louder and hitting the keys
harder hasn't had much effect. :)

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin