[Techtalk] Apache, abuse and nonexistent domains.

Glen Strom gstrom at eol.ca
Tue Feb 25 17:57:32 EST 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:47:25 +0100
Dan Richter <daniel.richter at wimba.com> wrote:

> When I follow Mandi's advice, I find that the address is in Bell
> Canada's address space, and a hostname lookup on the offending address
> shows that it belongs to sympatico.ca, which I think is an ISP:
> $ host 209.226.104.182
> [blah, blah, blah] HSE-MTL-ppp3983.qc.sympatico.ca.
>
> Should I send the complaint to them, or to Bell Canada? Also, what's
> the difference between TechEmail and OrgTechEmail?

There's a page on the Sympatico web site that seems to be what you need.

http://www1.sympatico.ca/help/local/bell/contactabuse/spamfinal.html

I don't know what kind of response you'll get. Many people on TLUG
(Toronto Linux User Group) use Sympatico, with mixed results. (Some say
it's ok, some start frothing at the mouth at the mere mention of the
name.) Let's hope you're lucky enough to contact someone who actually
has a clue.

Glen Strom
gstrom at eol.ca