[Techtalk] Apache, abuse and nonexistent domains.

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Tue Feb 25 15:05:25 EST 2003

> > Nevertheless, the case you mentioned was a legitimate e-mail that was
> > mistaken for spam. But there is no legitimate reason to use a web
> > server as an SMTP proxy, is there?
>
>I can't think of one, but I still think it's worth checking before you
>request that someone's account be closed.

Yes, you're right. I'm just going to write a script that will run as a cron
job, and I'll take care of them manually. The fact that I made such a
simple mistake (not looking at the port) suggests that I'm not ready to
automate the process, at least not for a good while.

========== Dan Richter ============== mailto:Dan at wimba.com ===========
  Free clue to ICANN: When even spamming, fake-renewal-notice-spewing,
  domain-slamming scumbag registrars like VeriSlime aren't afraid to
  write the Commerce Department and call you scum, you've got problems.
     - "Tackhead", writing on Slashdot about VeriSign's criticism
       of ICANN