[Techtalk] Linux for Presentations HOWTO

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Sun Feb 16 23:31:51 EST 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 11:42:18AM +1100, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> 	- The majority of my talks for the past three or four years have
> 	  been given with MagicPoint. I find it pretty easy to just
> 	  quickly knock out the ASCII files it requires. At the recent
> 	  linux.conf.au, I was talking with Rusty Russell about this and
> 	  he said he could do a slide in one to two minutes, which sort
> 	  of matches my experiences. So the "minus" point you mention
> 	  about lack of creation tools can be overrated.

OOoo. I LOVE the drawing tool.

For anyone using debian that wants to give Magic Point a try, the package
name is "mpg" and the sample slides are in:
/usr/share/doc/mgp/examples

I'm sure I could whip up a little perl script to create (X)HTML pages from
the .mgp files. Would this be of interest to anyone? Personally I'd want
all slides on one page so that (my students) could print the notes. (Does
this already exist and I just missed it?) Preferences on how the slides
get output?

>[from the sig] I don't have a solution, but I admire your problem.

Heh. How true is that?

emma :)

--
Emma Jane Hogbin