[Techtalk] Infrared with an Acer 612tx---explanations

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Thu Feb 13 02:40:08 EST 2003

Since nobody has (so far) replied, i'll ask the dumb obvious question -
are the two laptops facing each other so they can "see" the other's IR
port?  that's the absolute only thing i know about it, that unlike other
wireless methods, a direct line of sight is needed.

don't give up hope quite yet, from what i have seen a lot of people
don't check the list all that often, or else are too busy to help
immediately.  but someone knowledgable may come out of the woodwork yet.

good luck,
rachel