[Techtalk] improving computer usage in schools

Blackmon, Samantha SBlackmon at sla.purdue.edu
Wed Feb 12 00:11:36 EST 2003

While some schools may shy away from hard drive installs you can look into
some of the LIVE CDs like Knoppix or FREEDUC. There is even talk of a
special version of the Knoppix CD that has special software geared toward
education. Some interesting things are in the works.

Samantha (aka technogrrl)

List of Links
Knoppix:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-knopp.html?ca=dgr-lnxw
09Knoppix

Knoppix+Tux4Kids
http://newsforge.com/newsforge/03/02/03/1918221.shtml?tid=23

Lindows Education Program http://www.lindows.com/lindows_esl_info.php

FREEDUC: http://www.ofset.org/projects/edusoft/edusoft.html

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com... The Karma of
Literature...BookCrossing.com