[Techtalk] re: Can't view java applets in Mozilla 1.4

Berenice Chong showercurtain2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 06:53:12 EST 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:

>Have you completely exited Mozilla and restarted it?  (Perhaps log
>out of your desktop to be sure.)
>
>Also, you ran the above ln command in /opt/mozilla/plugins right, or

>you local plugin directory?
>
>Otherwise, looks okay (ie, that is what my system has).
>
>See http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html and
>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/java.html for more info.

Hi Rasjid,

I fixed the problem by creating the symlink in my local netscape
plugins directory and now I can see [most] applets in my mozilla
browser. You'd think that because I'm using mozilla, there would be a
local mozilla plugins directory to make a symlink to, but I don't
have one for some reason.

Did you have to do this too?

thanks
Berenice