[Techtalk] Unsubscribing a dodgy mail address from a Mailman list

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Mon Dec 8 17:16:51 EST 2003

Hey everyone,

I used the "Mass Subscribe Members" box on a Mailman mailing list I run
to add members to a new mailing list. Unfortunately, one line had two
email addresses on it, and as a result I subscribed
"xxx at example.com yyy at example.net"[1] to the mailing list as a single address.

I am trying to unsubscribe it using the admin/MAILLIST/members page, but
when I uncheck the "subscr" checkbox, it reports "xxx at example.com -- Not
subscribed".

Is there any way I can get around this on the web interface? I am using
Mailman version 2.0.13 and cannot upgrade, although I could get the
system administrators to edit the subscription list if absolutely
necessary.

-Mary

[1] Addresses obviously not real.