[Techtalk] Wireless-G on Linux?

Anthony Gorecki anthony at vsdtech.com
Sat Aug 23 17:23:46 EST 2003

Hello everyone.

Since no one I've talked to has been able to give me any advice better than
"wait for broadcom to make the drivers available", I thought I'd throw out
the question here to see if I can find a decent solution.

I'm running a custom Linux system on my laptop (which is also my main
workstation), and bought a Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter (WPC54G). Of
course at the time, being the lazy geek I am, I neglected to do research on
that first and in so doing didn't know it couldn't currently be used on my
system.

I have WLAN-NG installed, but moreover the problem is that the kernel won't
even recognize the card -- it has no drivers for it. Any ideas what I can do
about this besides going back and buying myself a B card? Complaints and
requests to broadcom aren't really going to help.

Taken out of the log file when the card is activated:
Aug 23 17:21:34 localhost kernel: PCI: Enabling device 02:00.0 (0000 -> 0002)
Aug 23 17:21:34 localhost cardmgr[5574]: socket 0: CardBus hotplug device
Aug 23 17:21:34 localhost /etc/hotplug/pci.agent: ... no modules for PCI slot
02:00.0

Thanks.

--
Best Regards,