[Techtalk] Help with iptables configuration

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Mon Aug 18 17:22:22 EST 2003

Tammy,

> Any feedback, advice, etc. would be GREATLY appreciated!

I have a couple of comments about your iptables script, but before I say
anything, I have two requests.

The webpage with the iptables script, is it possible for you to republish
that, but with line numbers? Its much easier for me to say "line 34 should
be xxx", rather than "the 4th line in the "Foo" section"?

Cat -n iptables.sh.txt should do the trick.

The second thing is, its impossible to gauge the appropriateness of your
rule set without knowing anything about the network/computer its trying to
protect! If you can give some info about the duties of the machine its on
and the type of computers its trying to protect, that would help.

Hamster