[Techtalk] Google caching

Karen Locke karenl at scrserv.com
Fri Aug 15 22:18:53 EST 2003

Hi,=20

I apologize if this is off-topic, but I don't know how to address this=20
problem.  A small, not terribly tech-oriented company has published an on=
line=20
document that contained some confidential information related to my husba=
nd's=20
business.  (It appears the publishing was accidental -- someone was being=
=20
stupid.)  He wrote them and got them to remove the information from their=
=20
website, but of course the cached search engine versions (Google, Yahoo, =
etc)=20
still have it. =20

I doubt the company even realizes there is such a thing as a search engin=
e=20
cache.  Is there anything he can do to get the info off the web?  Or are =
we=20
just stuck?  (Grrrrr)

Karen