[Techtalk] trying to find a question that _is_ "too dumb"

iriXx dev_null at iriXx.org
Tue Aug 12 23:58:20 EST 2003

Hamster wrote:

> Hi!
>

>>What does the "s" in "sbin" stand for??
>

> Hi, I don't *know* the answer, but I'm guessing it's for superuser. The
> programmes in sbin can only be run by root.
>
> Hamster
>
> (who is looking forward to hearing from someone who knows the answer for
> sure :)

i think you might be right.... i thought it was 'special bin'... but
thats coming from someone who thought that /bin was called that because
it was where you chucked the programs into.....!!!

m~

--
  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are
subtle and will piss on your computer."
-- Bruce Graham

Musicians say No to RIAA Persecution and Prosecution of Music Lovers!

Sign the petition at http://www.copyleftmedia.org.uk/justsayno/

  .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.