[Techtalk] RE: MBR & XP

- - mqa2d at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 03:28:33 EST 2003

Thanks Jacqueline.

No, event I ticked the view hidden file/dir (in
another pc), I still can't see the boot.ini in my XP
boot CD.

And I tried to use 'dir' in Recovery Console. Can't
see it too.

I also tried

c:\>bootcfg /list

but I got the message saying "there are currently no
boot entries available to display".

When I did

c:\>dir

I saw some unreadable charaters, except the ones I
copied into (ntldr and ntdetect.com). Is this the
reason caused the problem?

Thanks very much

MQA

--- Jacqueline <koekjes_trommel at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi MQA,
> the boot.ini is a hidden, read only protected system
> file in the root of
> your primary active partition (normally c:\). You'll
> need to modify your
> folder options to get to see those (in Windows
> Explorer -> Tools -> Folder
> Options -> View ).
>
> It is something like this:
> [boot loader]
> timeout=30
> [operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft