[Techtalk] moving to iptables

rocketgirl wendy.mores at laposte.net
Sat Aug 9 08:59:54 EST 2003

Carla Schroder wrote:

>It's complex, because TCP/IP networking is complex. It can take some study to
>get up to speed, but it is definitely worth it. Here are some articles that
>may help you get started:
>
> Building Firewalls with iptables, Part 1
>http://networking.earthweb.com/netsecur/article.php/2213171
>
> Building Firewalls with iptables, Part 2
>http://networking.earthweb.com/netos/article.php/2228641
>
>Linux IP Masquerade HOWTO
>http://www.ibiblio.org/mdw/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/index.html

Thanks to Carla and Hamster for the links.  The two articles on Building
Firewalls with iptables, Part 1 and 2 were very helpful.   The address
for Building Firewalls with iptables Part 2 should read
http://networking.earthweb.com/netsecur/article.php/2219571, but that
article on Building a Linux Dial-up Server was great too!
I've  a basic script up and running and I'm slowing closing all the
ports and adding entries one by one.

Thanks for all the help.

Wendy