[Techtalk] All PHP Scripts Running Twice?

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Mon Aug 4 19:13:03 EST 2003

At 8/4/03 04:09 PM , Kai MacTane wrote:

>I'm running PHP 4.2.2 as a mod_php module on Apache 1.3.26 (on Slackware
>Linux 8.0). Every PHP script seems to be getting run twice. If it's called
>by a POST request from a form, I see first the POST request, then a GET
>request, in my logs. If it's a form GET, or if it's just a standard
>request, then I see two successive GETs.

Addendum: I should have mentioned before, this is not occurring with any
other types of files, be they HTML, CGI scripts, images, or even
HTML::Mason files (which are another preprocessed HTML system, like PHP
only using Perl instead).

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"Then, when they spill the demon seed
  Turn and face into the wind.