[Techtalk] Fonts in GTK2 Menu

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Wed Apr 30 08:39:16 EST 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 08:27:45AM +0100 or thereabouts, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 08:45:32PM -0400 or thereabouts, Glen Strom wrote:
> > object. I've been trying to find the answer to how to change the default
> > font for menus in GTK2 apps. It looks like it's about an 8-point
>
> I would have thought you could change it in your .gtkrc (.gtkrc-2.0
> perhaps?). I don't seem to have any font mentions in there, but it
> seems the obvious place.

No sooner do I post than someone tells me the answer.

<jamesh> telsa: create a ~/.gtkrc-2.0
<jamesh> telsa: with the single line: gtk-font-name = "My Favourite Font 10"
         (for 10pt size)
<jamesh> if gnome-settings-daemon is running, it will override the
         gtk-font-name attribute though
<jamesh> in which case you need to change the value in gconf

So now you (and I!) know :)

Telsa