[Techtalk] Considering an OS change

Lorne Gutz lgutz at vistar.ca
Thu Apr 17 14:09:17 EST 2003

Jennifer,

          Check out several.....only you can decide what is best for you.
Two years ago I checked out Redhat, Mandrake, Cauldra, and SuSe.
Well for me SuSe had more of what I wanted.   We now run it as our
OS on approx 35 computers.  We use it for servers ( DNS, NIS, NFS,
and more than one web server).  We have 3 different mySQL data
bases running raid boxes.  Then there are several people like me
who have abandoned $MS totally and use it as a desktop.

         The new guy I hired last month has Redhat experience and
he loved the ease of installation.

        I like it because I know several people here in Ottawa who
use is, so help is just a phone call away.

      Good luck on what ever you choose.

cheers
Lorne