[Techtalk] forwarding mutt emails

Gina Lanik geekgrrl at geekgrrl.priv.at
Thu Apr 3 21:12:33 EST 2003

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 09:11:41AM -0800, Siobhan Elliott wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 10:50:39AM -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> > Does anyone know if it's possible to forward an email in mutt AND have it
> > include any attachments that were part of the original email?
>
> Yes, but, erm, not easily / in one step...
[...]

Depends on what you mean with "forwarding" - you can "bounce" the mail to
someone, which then means that the From: doesn't show you but the initial
sender... =) In mutt you simply do this by pressing "b" and enter the
e-mail addy you want to bounce it to.

I use it quite frequently to bounce spam-mail to a certain account which is
used to gather spam-mails to help me redefine my SpamAssassin filter rules.
(so I want headers and everything intact as well).

HTH,

Gina
--
Programming is an art form that fights back.