[Techtalk] forwarding mutt emails

Siobhan Elliott siobhan+lc at spiderland.net
Thu Apr 3 09:11:41 EST 2003

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 10:50:39AM -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to forward an email in mutt AND have it
> include any attachments that were part of the original email?

Yes, but, erm, not easily / in one step... basically you have to open the
message you want to forward, hit 'v' to go to the attachments display, type
't' to tag the parts of the mail to be forwarded (i.e. the message body
and attachment(s)), then from the attachments display do a tagged-forward
(semi-colon and 'f') (...assuming standard keybindings here...), and go
from there as with any msg you forward. I just tested this on mutt 1.5.4
and it worked (the attachments came through in the forwarded message).

> emma

HTH,
--
L Siobhan Elliott