[Techtalk] DSL modem

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Sun Sep 22 07:13:43 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 23:49, Carla Schroder wrote:

> I am not happy with the performance of the Fujitsu modem that came with my
> Verizon DSL account. I lose connectivity on a regular basis, 3-4 times per
> week. Unplugging/ plugging in the modem restores it.

Sorry this is late, my Mr bought an iMac and I've been busy reworking
our network, since I now have his old PC as a RH 7.3 serving music and
backup directories!  Woo hoo!

Anyway, we have a Westell.  This doesn't sound like the same problem,
but we were having a lot of problems with losing our connection then
having a hard time re-establishing one.  No Link.  I ran cat5 from the
interface box with a pair dedicated to the modem.  That was better, but
it took a service visit for the technician to install a filter on the
line at the box for our connection to stabilize.

regards,
Beth
--
  /\/\    Beth Johnson