[Techtalk] sent email without appearing in sent folder?

Ms. Piglet listpig at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 21 21:45:48 EST 2002

If you check the expanded headers in a klez-sent mail, though, it will show
you both the "purported sender" and the actual infectee's address.  Even
though both are there, ISPs systematically send their "you are infected with
a virus and we have blocked this email from you" to the purported sender,
not the infectee; receiving one suggests that you are in an infectee's
address book, or that mail from you is in some folder or another of their
email program, rather than that you are infected.

(Of course, if you're on a Windows machine, using Outlook or Outlook
Express, not running a virus checker against your incoming mail, and are the
sort of person who cheerfully opens every attachment someone sends you, I
wouldn't take that as gospel proof that you're *not* infected. <g>)

--pig

On 9/21/02 20:03,  <dave at timocharis.com> shared this thought: