[Techtalk] Over-zealous spam filtering (by Raven's ISP?)

Raven Alder raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Fri Sep 20 13:28:07 EST 2002

Heya --

Quoth Carla Schroder (Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 09:51:35AM -0700):
> On Friday 20 September 2002 09:29 am, James wrote:
> > As you can probably tell from my email address, I try to filter out as
> > much spam as I can - however, it's easy to get "friendly fire".
> >
> > I just hit this issue when emailling Raven - her mail server bounced my
> > mail with an error referring me to http://banned-for-spamming.us/ - if you
> > look, you'll find her ISP has blocked my ISP (1m customers) - and EVERY
> > company in Japan (*.co.jp) for "spamming". Oh, and the ban appears to be
> > permanent, unless you contact them by snail-mail (not online) to object!
>
> Which Raven, Alder or Brooke? I want to try.

	I'm assuming Raven Brooke, since I run my own mail server and
there's no such filtering going on.  If that's me, something has gone
Seriously Wrong.

Cheers,
Raven (1 of 2)  [grin]

"So beneath the fitted carpets/ Beyond the padded cells,
 Within these crimes of passion/ The naked truth, she dwells.
 And this fury's just a part/ And this thunder's just a part,
 Desire is just a part/ The cracking ice, the splitting rock."
  -- New Model Army, "White Coats"