[Techtalk] "Slapper" worm targeting Linux/Apache servers

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Fri Sep 20 09:25:49 EST 2002

At 9/20/02 08:39 AM , Raven Brooke wrote:

>***IMPORTANT note regarding this patch:
>
>A *reboot* is required in order for this patch to work. Having just
>rebuilt a server that was infected by slapper after the patch was applied
>but the box not rebooted, I can testify that this is indeed the case.

That's very odd. It should be sufficient to simply restart Apache. Was that
done?

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"Hey, sister Moonshine, hold me 'til the break of dawn,
  Hold me long,
  Hold me hard,
  Hold me 'til the shadows fade away..."
                                                 --The Mission UK,