Fwd: Re: [Techtalk] Converting a DB back to .xls from .kws

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Thu Sep 19 22:30:04 EST 2002

So can gnumeric though I'm not sure what a .kws is.  What program were you
using to view it Sarah?  Kspread can save in gnumeric format but not in
excel but gnumeric can open a gnumeric format and then save in excel.  Or
Openoffice.org (they insist it should be called "Openoffice.org" because
there's some kind of trademark conflict if they use "openoffice") should
be able to do it...

Conor

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 12:02:11PM -0400 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Helen Rosseau thought:

>xls  is a microsoft excel  file extention.  Star office or open office can
> be used to convert and save back in .xls format.
>
> Helen
>
> On Thursday 19 September 2002 11:10, Sarah Lyon wrote:
> > Help please,
> >
> > I can't find out how to file save as .xls on my Linux box.
> > Someone sent me a.xls file which I opened and saved on my Linux box but now
> > I can't figur out how to save my final product in .xls so that I can send
> > it back to her.  She keeps telling me that she can't open the attachment
> > that I send her.  Can anyone help me.  Please.

Domestic Sysadmin :-)