[Techtalk] Configuring Mailman to CC replies to the list

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Mon Sep 16 19:57:51 EST 2002

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002, Sujita Purushothaman wrote:
> Yes, I had read both, but munging the Reply-To doesn't solve my
> problem, as I don't want the reply to go only to the list, it has to
> go both to the list as well the person the reply was for.

You can't use a Reply-To with more than one address?

Check out my Reply-To here. Replies should go to you, to me, and to the
list. (Just for illustrative purposes.)

I don't consider it munging the Reply-To. You, the sender of the
message, are determining addresses where replies should go. I consider
it munging when intermediate senders, like Mailman, change the Reply-To,
possibly obliterating my original Reply-To which might do things such as
direct replies to my home address.

-Mary