[Techtalk] Horribly insecure ssh tunnel?

Malcolm-Rannirl rannirl-lc at otherkin.net
Wed Sep 11 13:18:06 EST 2002

On Wednesday 11 September 2002 05:51 am, Sophie wrote:

> From my experience, dyndns update instantly. at least, i've looked for a
> delay, and it just dosent happen :) It really does work quite well.

That depends on your local DNS server. I've encountered some that have a
minimum refresh time, regardless of what the time-to-live on the DNS record
says. I've seen propogation of up to a day on DNS entries with a 5 minute
timeout due to this.

(Normally I wouldn't run anything with that low a timeout, my local server is
set to a week but I drop it in advance when I know the IP is going to change,
as happens when shifting hardware).

--
To know and yet think we do not know is the highest attainment.
Not to know and yet think we do know is a disease.

<<  This email is monitored by the US government under the auspice  >>
<< of the USA act. For private communication, ask me for my PGP key >>
<< ----- PGP: envelopes for email - www.pgp.com www.gnupg.org ----- >>