[Techtalk] Horribly insecure ssh tunnel?

Sophie sophie at cats.meow.at
Tue Sep 10 07:50:06 EST 2002

On Mon, Sep/ 9/02 02:10:25PM +0100, Conor Daly wrote:

> I have two networks I wish to connect with an ssh tunnel.  Each network is
> on a dialup dynamic ip address and, as far as I know, only my local isp
> allows a connection to my network on port 22.  My idea is to have my local
> network email its ip address to the remote network which will, in turn,
> connect back via ssh.

I've no input whatsoever regarding tunnels, but regarding using dynamic IPs, you may find something like ath.cx (dyndhs.org) useful. Your local network updates the dns server (which takes effect instantly, from experience) whenever it's IP changes.

> It seems to me that authentication is the problem.

Possibly ssh-agent would be useful to you also?

My appologies for being otherwise no use whatsoever :)

- sophie