[Techtalk] Why is life without X important? (was: Re: info)

Julie txjulie at austin.rr.com
Sat Sep 7 00:18:49 EST 2002

"Caitlyn M. Martin" wrote:

> Hi, Carla,
> >
> > Is this really an issue?
>
> To anyone who has been a sysadmin for a long time, yes, it's a real
> issue.  If X stops working you need to be able to live at the command
> line.

You mean like the machine I just built with a Radeon 7500 graphics
card and a version of XFree86 which didn't support it?  And the
hung IRQ 11 which was keeping my NICs from working?

People who assume computers work assume too much ...
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
txjulie at austin.rr.com                  or nothing at all.