[Techtalk] Re: info

Glenda R. Snodgrass grs at theneteffect.com
Fri Sep 6 12:40:07 EST 2002

> Is this really an issue? Are you working on the Last Computer On Earth? I
> always have a connected, functioning PC available. When I visit client sites
> I bring my trusty notebook.  You can't depend on the sick PC to help!

We do a -lot- of remote work on our clients' servers, which means trusty
notebook is sitting in the closet unused, and we never run X on servers,
so everything is done on the command line.  One of the many beauties of
Linux is running headless and administering remotely, even with crappy
modem connection.

--
Glenda R. Snodgrass

Before you begin, consider ... The Net Effect
http://www.theneteffect.com
(251) 433-0196