[Techtalk] X suspend weirdness in Dell latitude

Jesika tx_kewtie at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 5 14:29:01 EST 2002

I have a Dell Latitude CPI-A series running Slackware 8.1.  One of my
minor annoyances is some weirdness that's happening when I'm running on
battery power.  If I close the lid, or let it go into suspend for lack
of activity, when I go to resume, the screen will be super dim.  The
only way I can get it back to normal is to kill X, and then restart it.
Has anyone experienced anything like this before?  On my first install,
this was happening all the time, but now, I'm only getting it if I'm
running off the battery.  If I'm plugged in, it resumes just fine.

Jesika