[Techtalk] setting dhcp after installing/old hub

Kathryn Hargreaves kathryn at math.umb.edu
Tue Oct 29 17:44:45 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm running RH 7.2 and need to set up eth0 to use DHCP.  It didn't get
done at installation probably because the Ethernet card wasn't detected
properly (and I had to install the correct driver afterwards).  How do I
do it now?  All the HOW-TOs seem to be out of date.

Another problem, more generic: I have an old hub (Asante 10T HUB) on
which port 12 has an IN/OUT switch.  I'm trying to connect it to a
gateway (2Wire's HomePortal 1000S).  I assume I connect the gateway to
the hub with this port.  (Using any other random port doesn't work.)
I've tried the switch in both positions, I've tried both crossover and
straighthrough cables.  I actually have *two* of these hubs and have
tried them both.  Any clues?

Thanks,
Kathy