[Techtalk] spamassassin

k.clair kclair at karl.serve.com
Sun Oct 27 17:11:51 EST 2002

I don't think that procmail should interfere with KMail at all. You can
use procmail to filter the mail through spamassasin -- all it does is
run the messages through spamassasin, which tags messages it thinks are
spam as such.  Then, if you don't give procmail any rules for what to
do with the messages, they just end up in your mail spool file, which
KMail reads when you check your mail.

The point at which procmail handles your mail is way before KMail can
even get to it. KMail won't know the difference.

If you want to store the mail marked as spam in a different folder than
your mail spool file, things might get a little trickier (with POP
anyway, IMAP should be okay).

kristina