[Techtalk] OT but I'm desperate.... Windows....!

Maria Blackmore mariab at cats.meow.at
Fri Oct 18 17:17:24 EST 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Alvin Goats wrote:

> > However, by far and away the best ever solution to a windows server is a
> > mixture of powdered aluminium and powdered rust.  Sorts them out every
> > time.

> You forgot the electric spark. Of course a little current through steel
> wool works well too. But the powdered aluminum and powdered iron rust
> won't work without some spark or heat source.

I believe magnesium is the conventional method, which would simply
require something like an incandescent bulb with the glass removed to
ignite.

Not that I would know of course. ;)

> It's also a great way to guarntee that all data on a hard drive, floppy
> disk, cd-rom, optical drive, bubble memory, or magnetic core memory is
> TOTALLY erased!

or indeed pretty much anything at all, erased, from pretty much anything

fascinating stuff

It's amazing what you learn in chemistry, for example,
2,4,6-trinitromethylbenzene.

Which is good for erasing things such as buildings, and trees and hills
It just leaves you with highly randomised ... stuff...

Maria