[Techtalk] Applications for writing dissertation

Stephanie Boyd slb at ixtab.org.uk
Mon Oct 14 17:32:51 EST 2002

Thanks to everyone for your help, both on and off list.  From what
everyone's been saying it looks like LaTex is possibly the most suitable
candidate, so I think I'm going to take a look at that first.

I do intend to make many, many back-ups, whatever I end up using ;)  I
actually quite like the idea of using a revision control system (strangely
enough it had never crossed my mind wrt this project!) -  an excuse to play
with computers in the name of economics :-)

	  Thanks again,
	  	    Stephanie

--
Stephanie Boyd				http://www.ixtab.org.uk/slb

'The computer continued, brash and cheery, as if it were selling detergent.'
				-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy