[Techtalk] Applications for writing dissertation

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Oct 14 08:56:17 EST 2002

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 06:15:08PM -0400 or thereabouts, feis wrote:
> And back ups. Don't forget the back ups. I had copies of my
> dissertation in 3 different places...just in case.

Sensible. I once saw a friend's dissertation trashed as he
saved the backup and the power went out at that very moment.
(Long time ago: this was on an Amiga and we were in a student
house with an electricity meter.)

Another friend found that Word ate his diss very close to
the end of it. He had made a backup -- but it was on the disk
that vanished when his rucksack got nicked a few days before.

Going by those two stories, one backup is not enough...

Telsa