[Techtalk] Start-up- mail

Glen Strom gstrom at eol.ca
Sat Oct 12 18:30:23 EST 2002

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 05:53:06 -0400
Andrew <showork at adelphia.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
> 	My Mail program Sylpheed usually loads on start-up. Some how I
> 	messed
> this up.  How do you.. in the CL designate a program to begin at
> start-up.
> 	In this case I simply type "sylpheed" to load program in the CL.
>
> Question,
> 	So which CL utility starts programs auto-magically?

I haven't used KDE in a while, so take this advice with that in mind.

When you log out, there's a check box in the exit dialogue box that
asks if you want to save the desktop session. I think there's also
something in the control panel, but I can't remember where.

If that doesn't work you might look under /home/username/kde or kde2
and see if something there lists the startup programs.

I'm not sure if this would work, but you could also see if
you have an .Xsession file in your home directory. If not, you could
create one and write the following in it:

sylpheed &
startkde

--
Glen Strom