[Techtalk] Mailserver - which one to install?

Gina Lanik geekgrrl at geekgrrl.priv.at
Thu Oct 10 13:00:10 EST 2002

Hullo!

At the moment a friend of mine takes care of my domain, including
website-hosting and mail-stuff. Now I want to move all that bit by bit
to my own boxen. As a part of that I will AFAIK have to install a
mail-server which I then connect to via fetchmail to collect my mail.

Which mail-server would you recomment? I've seen packages (this will be
on a Debian system) like cyrus, teapop, qpopper, etc. but absolutely
have -no- idea which one to install/test. This mail-server should serve
my domain and in the future my SO's, so no high-volume-corporate traffic
to be expected. What are the advantages, pitfalls, etc. with above
mentioned?

Thanx in advance for your suggestions!

Cheers,

Gina
--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.
-- Vadim Vygonets