[Techtalk] Converting a works database to something readable

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Mon Oct 7 21:37:13 EST 2002

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 10:49:15AM -0400 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Davis, Jennifer thought:
> This is potentially off topic, but I was given an MS works database (I
> think, it's *.wdb)  to convert to something useable and I assume that world
> be a text document or a spreadheet (gnumeric. excel).  Are there any tools
> out there that could do to the conversion?

You could have a look at staroffice.  It contains a (proprietry so it
can't go in OpenOffice.org) database application which may deal with MS
type DBs.

Would the likes of MySQL handle that sort of thing?  anybody?

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)