[Techtalk] lost gnome panel

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Oct 7 21:51:10 EST 2002

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 12:49:23PM -0500 or thereabouts, Kathryn Hogg wrote:
> Don't know how this happened but I've lost my gnome panel at the bottom of
> my screen.  How do I get it back?

>From a terminal (gnome-terminal, xterm, anything like that, or mc...
anything you get a command line in):

In Gnome 1.x:    panel &
In Gnome 1.x:    gnome-panel &

Then save the session. This is "save-session" in Gnome 1.x; and
"gnome-save-session" in Gnome 2.x. Or, on most distros, click the
"save session?" option on the logout box before you log out.

You don't need the &. That's just to get the prompt back so you
can save the session in the same window.

Telsa