[Techtalk] Viewing kdb man pages in microsoft windows

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at commsecure.com.au
Wed Nov 27 10:46:08 EST 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 09:42:50AM -0800, Nguyen D. Nguyen wrote:
> After patching the kernel with kdb, I found a bunch
> of kdb man pages under the Doc directory.  How do
> I view these man pages after transfering them to
> microsoft windows environment?  Thanks!

You need to find a man page viewer for Windows, but a couple of minutes
poking around on Google didn't reveal anything. There are also programs
for converting man pages to html (e.g.
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/man2html.html), but most of the ones
I know of are CGI scripts for dynamically doing the conversion and
require a web server on the Unix/Linux box.

Malcolm

--
Two wrongs are only the beginning.