[Techtalk] may regret this...

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Thu Nov 21 14:14:24 EST 2002

Maria Blackmore wrote:

>I, personally, wouldn't feel happy about doing this without some
>confirmation that the IP address is under your control.

Apologies, but you are quite right. The only
proofs I can offer are that my email's originating
IP in the headers is the address that I mentioned.

>         by mg1.xecu.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 68353C552
>         for <techtalk at linuxchix.org>; Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:56:12 -0500 (EST)

I am listed as the Technical Contact for the
gandalf.mercersburg.net host and the
mercersburg.net domain. (Under a company
email & my full name.)

If I told you that it was some guys from a
certain federal agency, you would probably
really not believe me! :-) Or at least you'd
not want to assist, but anyway, they were
duly impressed with the Snort/ACID setup
and, naturally, the cost of it doesn't hurt
their already-strained budget.

Thanks for the nessus information, and for
those of you who probed me. :-)

Walt

-~

     There are only two ways by which to rise in this world,
     either by one's own industry or by the stupidity of others
                         Rene de la Bruyere