[Techtalk] I want Tux Racer dangit

Alvin Goats agoats at compuserve.com
Sun Nov 17 19:21:36 EST 2002

> > A trick you can try after X is working right: set up a user for you that
> > has the screen settings set for those games that want a lower resolution
> > and different color depth.
>
> Oh, is this easy?

Now, I never said it was easy, just that it is a trick that can be used!
:)

I'm researching how this is done myself, since I may be running
WindowMaker at 1280x1024 and my wife kde at 1024x768. Again, it is
something that can be done, I'm just not sure how.

It has something to do with the xinit, xf86config and maybe a few other
files. The home directory of the user has to have the proper
configuration files in it and the global files have to allow the user's
default to take precedence. Hence: different resolutions and window
managers!

Now, if someone out there has the details or know where to find the
details for this........

Alvin