[Techtalk] Anyone using VNC under Mac OS?

Christina Zeeh lists at tuxtina.de
Sun Nov 17 02:30:15 EST 2002

Hi,

> Are you using VNC under any Mac OS?

I use it on Mac OS X.

> Which VNC server do you use? How about client?

For viewers, I regularly use VNCViewer and VNCThing. I have yet to
notice a real difference between the two that would make me choose one
of over the other.

I haven't used a server for a while, I can't remember which one it was
the last time. http://www.redstonesoftware.com/osxvnc/ looks promising
though, judging from my experiences with their client (VNCViewer), I'd
give it a try ...

> How do the Mac versions stack up against the Linux and Windows
> versions? That is, are any big features lacking?

I did not notice any significant features missing, the only noticable
difference was the user interface ...

xTina

--
"I smile because I have no idea what's going on."