[Techtalk] Intrusion detection and nat logging...

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Fri Nov 15 12:14:11 EST 2002

Could someone point me to some tips/starting
points on intrusion detection?

My brother, who works for a major non-corporation
entity will be bringing two of his supervisor to
visit our tiny company and view our setup, but
I don't have intrusion detection currently setup...

Also, I'm trying to log and keep track of outbound
connections web/dns connections through my
iptables firewall. What would you recommend for
creating concise logs of internet forwarding activity...?

Thanks!
Walt

-~
(p.s. quote for the day was random; I didn't pick it and
I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone...)

     Don't forget--Lady Godiva put everything she had on a horse.
                         W.C. Fields